Running Calendar version 5 design
The Australian Running Calendar design version 5* went live yesterday. The main layout is basically the same but the event page listings have undergone a major re-jig to make it easier to see information at a glance.
(* Note although this is "version 5" of the design it's only the second design the Australian version of my running calendar websites has seen; the previous 3 revisions were on the NZ site, before I started this site).
- font size increased, made slightly lighter
- background colour and defined border added to page outside the content area
- background colour of date boxes in the calendar listings changed to green (to match the new boxes on the event listing pages)
- moved the social sharing buttons from the top left (outside the main content area) on all pages to within boxes on selected pages only
- modified event listing pages to show the region, type of event, dates, distances and useful links in large easy to glance at boxes
- added additional classifications for events; the full classification list is as follows: on road, off road, track, beach, certified, kids, rogaine, team, relay, mud, obstacle, women only, wheelchair
As noted in the final bullet point above, there are now a bunch of classifications for events. This required a little automation, followed by the manual review of 476 event pages to make sure the classifications (and other basic information) were correct.
These classifications will all be searchable once I overhaul the search function in the next two weeks. For now, "On Road" searches match on road and track, and "Off Road" match off road, beach and mud. All events will be classified at the very least as one of these five types.
When the search is overhauled, it will also include the ability to search multiple regions at once. So, for example, you could search New South Wales and ACT in one search.
Screenshots before and after - homepage
Screenshots before and after - calendar listing
Screenshots before and after - event listing
Screenshots before and after - event listing in popup