The Great Kokoda Race - 96km race in Papua New Guinea5 nights & 6 days of adventure racing
Come compete in the greatest jungle race on earth. 96km through some of toughest terrain on the planet. Run or walk, set your personal goal and go for it. The Great Kokoda Race is the ultimate test of endurance. Suitable for both experienced ultramarathoners at a run as well as fit novices at a walk, all timed with supporting checkpoints & logistics.
The Great Kokoda Race is set on the famous and historic Kokoda Trail, Papua New Guinea, one of the world's least explored countries.
The total race and Kokoda logistics fees are fully inclusive of all the complex logistical support required for a mountainous jungle-terrain event & include over 5 nights & 6 days of adventure:
- Pre-Race briefing packet by mail 30 days prior to race start, inclusive of The Great Kokoda Race patches
- Internal transfers from Port Moresby, all inclusive of domestic flight to Popondetta on national carrier Air Niugini and vehicle transfer to race start at Kokoda
- Accommodation (twin-share) in a 4-star Port Moresby hotel for 1 night prior to start and 1 night following finish of race
- Breakfast pre and post race (Port Moresby hotel)
- All Kokoda Trail trekking fees
- Village campsite fees
- Campfire each night & morning with hot water
- Full camp site logistics
- All checkpoint & river crossing logistical support
- Trained and experienced local logistics support crew with Kokoda Trail Master Trekkers
- Support of experienced Australian crew & Race Director
- Pre-race course and safety briefings
- Pre-stage briefings
- Drinking water refill locations supplied along the course
- Medical (first aid) support
- Finishing dinner in Port Moresby with awards celebration
- Guided tour of historical site at Kokoda Village
- Kokoda Trail Elevation & Historical Reference Map for each competitor
- Finishers commemorative medal
- The Great Kokoda Race shirt
Enter now, don't miss out, places are limited!
Special Offer: $150 off the race & logistics fees for registrations by Monday 12 January 2015. (This will be deducted off the balance due 90 days prior to race start, you will receive a special link after securing your place with your deposit & registration details).