Weekly Newsletter August 13th 2012
This is a copy of the weekly newsletter from the Australian Running Calendar sent by email on August 13th 2012 covering the current status of the website, competitions and events coming up over the next two weeks.
There are currently 67 events in the Events to Load list with known dates and 10 events with dates not yet set. The calendar is complete for all events known to me until October 26th 2012.
My target is to load 25 events per week, although I only managed to get 20 done last week; at this rate I should have the list complete in about 3 weeks, although I often find several new events each week so that's very much an estimate.
I have a process which automatically checks event websites for changes each day, so I usually know when the next year's date for an event is. When this happens, I update the existing listing with the new date; this is why there are already a number of events showing in 2013 already in the full calendar list.
If there any events you know of that are not currently listed on the website or the events to load page, feel free to send me an email with the details and ideally a website link to get more information.
Barefoot Running, The Movie Competition Winner
The winner of the Barefoot Running, The Movie was Bradley Williams from NSW.
Barefoot Running The Movie will hit the shelves August 31st, 2012. Pre-order your copy today at 33% to 60% off the cover price. Read more
I Love My Physio Competition
Celebrate World Physiotherapy Day, Saturday 8 September 2012, with the Australian Physiotherapy Association's ‘I love my Physio' competition.
This competition runs until September 5th and is organised by the Australian Physiotherapy Association. More details.
Events coming up over the next two weeks
This is a complete list of events coming up over the next two weeks that are known to me. As mentioned above, if there are any you know of not in this list, please let me know.
Note there are also the Parkrun weekly 5K runs on Saturday mornings; these have not yet been loaded into the website until I can make some technical changes behind the scenes. In the meantime you can find out more information from the parkrun website.
Friday August 17th 2012
- Capital to Coast from Canberra to NSW Coast - 9K
Saturday August 18th 2012
- Capital to Coast from Canberra to NSW Coast - Stages 1 to 3
- Mudgee Running Festival in Mudgee, NSW - 10K, 5K
- Sutherland District Athletics Club Winter Series at Royal National Park, NSW - Half Marathon, 10K, 5K, 3K, 2K, 1K
- Trail Marathon Running Weekend in Wagga Wagga, NSW - 5K
Sunday August 19th 2012
- Adelaide Marathon Running Festival in Adelaide, SA - Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K
- Alice Springs Community Bank Marathon and Half Marathon
- Bellarine Rail Trail Run in Melbourne, VIC - 34K, 17K
- Botanic to Bridge in Gladstone, QLD - 8K, 3K
- Capital to Coast from Canberra to NSW Coast - Stages 4 to 6
- Lakes College Fun Run in North Lakes, QLD - 10K, 6K, 2K, 4x2K
- Mittagong Preschool Family Fair Bush Fun Run in Welby, NSW - 10K, 5K, 2K
- Mudgee Running Festival in Mudgee, NSW - Marathon, Half Marathon
- Salt Fun Run Series in Salt Village, NSW - 10K, 5K
- Sandy Point Half in Melbourne, VIC - Half Marathon, 10K, 5K
- Tamworth Ten Fun Run in Tanworth, NSW - 10K, 5K, 4K
- Trail Marathon Running Weekend in Wagga Wagga, NSW - Marathon, Marathon Relay, Half Marathon, 10K
- VCCL George Perdon Sealed Handicap in Melbourne, VIC - 16K, 6.5K
- Victoria Road Runners Princes Park Half Marathon, 10K, 5K in Melbourne, VIC
- Western Mudd Rush in Perth, WA - 8K
Tuesday August 21st 2012
- Black Mountain Run Up in Canberra, ACT - 2.6K
Wednesday August 22nd 2012
- Fast Track Corporate Running Series in Brisbane, QLD - 7K, 4K
Thursday August 23rd 2012
- Corporate Cup Series in Melbourne, VIC - 3.8K
Friday August 24th 2012
- Oxfam Trailwalker Sydney - 100K 4 Person Team Event
Saturday August 25th 2012
- Sutherland District Athletics Club Winter Series at Prince Edward Park, NSW - 9.6K, 5K, 3K, 2K, 1K
Sunday August 26th 2012
- City to Surf in Perth, WA - Marathon, Half Marathon, 12K, 4K, 4K Wheelchair
- Coburg Harriers Half Marathon and 10K in Melbourne, VIC
- Kilcunda Half Marathon and 16K in Kilcunda, VIC
- Kuranda to Port Douglas Ultra Trail Marathon in Cairns, QLD - 64K, Half Marathon, 16K, 5K
- Lake Macquarie Running Festival in Warners Bay, NSW - Half Marathon, 10.5K, Kids 4K
- Parkinson's Unity Walk in Canberra, ACT - 3.5K, 2K
- Parkinson's Unity Walk in Sydney, NSW - 8K, 4K
- Parkinson's Victoria Walk in the Park in Melbourne, VIC - 4K, 2K
- Pub 2 Pub in Sydney, NSW - 13K
- Salomon Trail Running Series at Dandenong Ranges in Melbourne, VIC - 14.3K, 7.3K
- Shepparton Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K, 3K in VIC
- SSKB Wheel and Walk in Brisbane, QLD - 5K, 2K
- Step into Life de Castella Run in Melbourne, VIC - 15K, 10K, 5K
- Sunshine Coast Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K, 5K, 2K in Mooloolaba, QLD
- Tomewin Mountain Challenge in Currumbin Valley, QLD - 22K, 6K, 1K
- VCCL Westgate Bridge Memorial Sealed Handicap in Melbourne, VIC - 5K
Until Next Week...
Have a great running week!