Weekly Newsletter August 27th 2012
This is a copy of the weekly newsletter from the Australian Running Calendar sent by email on August 27th 2012 covering the current status of the website and events coming up over the next two weeks.
Last week I added 25 events to the calendar and another 5 today, and have managed to drop the number of events in the Events to Load list from 73 to 52 with known dates (despite adding 9 to it over the course of the week); there remain 19 events with dates not yet set.
The Australian Running Calendar currently has the most comprehensive list of running and walking events in Australia up to November 10th and we're continuing to add about 25 events a week.
If there any events you know of that are not currently listed on the website or the events to load page, feel free to send me an email with the details and ideally a website link to get more information.
Events coming up over the next two weeks
This is a complete list of events coming up over the next two weeks that are known to me. As mentioned above, if there are any you know of not in this list, please let me know.
Note there are also the Parkrun weekly 5K runs on Saturday mornings; these have not yet been loaded into the website until I can make some technical changes behind the scenes. In the meantime you can find out more information from the parkrun website.
Saturday September 1st 2012
- Inov-8 Coastal Classic from Otford to Bundeena, NSW - 29K
- Ultra Spirit in Melbourne, VIC - 7.6K
- Victorian Road Runners Tan Handicap and Breakfast in Melbourne, VIC - 8K, 4K
- Yarra Valley Water Grape Run from Healesville to Yarra Glen in VIC - 30K, 13K, 6K
- Yurrebilla Training Run No 3 in Adelaide, SA - 44K, 22K
Sunday September 2nd 2012
- Bridge to Brisbane in Brisbane, QLD - 10K, 5K
- Dubbo Stampede Running Festival in Dubbo, NSW - Half Marathon, 10K, 5.5K
- Father's Day Fun Run and Breakfast in Cairns, QLD - 5K, 3K, 1K
- Fathers Day Fun Run in Townsville, QLD - 6.6K, 3K
- Hidden Half Marathon and 5K in Sydney, NSW
- Para River Classic in Salisbury, SA - 10K, 5K, 2K
- Ridge to Ridge Half Marathon, 10K and 5K in Toowoomba, QLD
- Ross Marathons in Ross, TAS - Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K, Kids 1.5K
- SIDS Stampede in Windsor, NSW - 10K, 5K
- VCCL Coburg Lake Classic Handicap in Melbourne, VIC - 6.5K
- Women's and Girls' Jogalong in Canberra, ACT - 6K, 3K, 1.6K
Tuesday September 4th 2012
- Mt Ainslie Run Up in Canberra, ACT - 2.2K
Thursday September 6th 2012
- Corporate Cup Series in Melbourne, VIC - 3.8K
Saturday September 8th 2012
- Bush Wac Trail Runs in Tahmoor, NSW - 6K, 3K
- The Stampede in Woodford, QLD - 10K, 5K
- Victorian Road Runners Tan Time Trial in Melbourne, VIC - 8K, 4K
- Walk for Kids Challenge in Redcliffe and Shornecliffe, QLD - 100K over 2 days
Sunday September 9th 2012
- Canberra Times Fun Run in Canberra, ACT - 10K, 5K
- Edgell Bathurst Jog in Bathurst, NSW - 7.5K
- Forster Running Festival in Forster, NSW - Half Marathon, 10K, 5K, 4K, Kids 4K, Kids 2K
- Husky Half Marathon, 5K, 2K in Huskisson, NSW
- Jabulani Challenge in Sydney, NSW - 43K, 24K
- Memory Walk and Jog at Speers Point, NSW - 7.5K, 2K
- Parkinson's Unity Walk in Brisbane, QLD - 4K
- Parkinson's Unity Walk in Perth, WA - 4K, 2K
- Run Kiama for NF in Kiama, NSW - Half Marathon, 4.2K, 3K, 2K
- Ryde Rivers Festival in Sydney, NSW - 10K, 5K, Kids 1K
- Sri Chinmoy Sydney at Prospect Creek, NSW - 24K, 12K, 6K
- VCCL Churchill Park Classic Handicap in Melbourne, VIC - 8K
- Walhalla Wound Up in Walhalla, VIC - 50K, 21K, 10K
- Walk for Kids Challenge in Redcliffe and Shornecliffe, QLD - 100K over 2 days, 10K
Until Next Week...
Have a great running week!