Weekly Newsletter September 3rd 2012
This is a copy of the weekly newsletter from the Australian Running Calendar sent by email on September 3rd 2012 covering the current status of the website and events coming up over the next two weeks.
News and interesting articles
There were Parkinson's Unity Walk and Run in Canberra, Sydney and Melbourne on August 26th, and the event organisers sent out a thank you to all the people who participated. Read the message here. There are further walks in Perth and Brisbane on September 9th. See the upcoming events section below for details.
I'm still trucking along adding events to the website; despite adding 20 new events and updating 25 events with updated details and dates for next year, the number of events in the Events to Load list has only dropped from 52 to 51 because I found so many additional events over the course of the week!
I've just spent the last 40 minutes reviewing the events coming up over the next 2 weeks and have minor updates to a number of events for start times etc. I'll continue to do this each week before creating this newsletter to ensure everything is as accurate as I can make it on the website.
I'm planning on adding to the website homepage a list of recently added/update events so when you check back you can see what is new and updated to help you better find events to run in. This should be in place within a couple of weeks.
If there any events you know of that are not currently listed on the website or the events to load page, feel free to send me an email with the details and ideally a website link to get more information.
Events coming up over the next two weeks
This is a complete list of events coming up over the next two weeks that are known to me. As mentioned above, if there are any you know of not in this list, please let me know.
Note there are also the Parkrun weekly 5K runs on Saturday mornings; these have not yet been loaded into the website until I can make some technical changes behind the scenes. In the meantime you can find out more information from the parkrun website.
Tuesday September 4th 2012
- Mt Ainslie Run Up in Canberra, ACT - 2.2K
Thursday September 6th 2012
- Corporate Cup Series in Melbourne, VIC - 3.8K
Saturday September 8th 2012
- Bush Wac Trail Runs in Tahmoor, NSW - 6K, 3K
- The Stampede in Woodford, QLD - 10K, 5K
- Victorian Road Runners Tan Time Trial in Melbourne, VIC - 8K, 4K
- Walk for Kids Challenge in Redcliffe and Shornecliffe, QLD - 100K over 2 days
Sunday September 9th 2012
- Canberra Times Fun Run in Canberra, ACT - 10K, 5K
- Edgell Bathurst Jog in Bathurst, NSW - 7.5K
- Forster Running Festival in Forster, NSW - Half Marathon, 10K, 5K, 4K, Kids 4K, Kids 2K
- Husky Half Marathon, 5K, 2K in Huskisson, NSW
- Jabulani Challenge in Sydney, NSW - 43K, 24K
- Memory Walk and Jog at Speers Point, NSW - 7.5K, 2K
- Parkinson's Unity Walk in Brisbane, QLD - 4K
- Parkinson's Unity Walk in Perth, WA - 4K, 2K
- Run Kiama for NF in Kiama, NSW - Half Marathon, 4.2K, 3K, 2K
- Ryde Rivers Festival in Sydney, NSW - 10K, 5K, Kids 1K
- Sri Chinmoy Sydney at Prospect Creek, NSW - 24K, 12K, 6K
- VCCL Churchill Park Classic Handicap in Melbourne, VIC - 8K
- Walhalla Wound Up in Walhalla, VIC - 50K, 21K, 10K
- Walk for Kids Challenge in Redcliffe and Shornecliffe, QLD - 100K over 2 days, 10K
Friday September 14th 2012
- Moonlight Gorge Gallop at Barron Gorge, QLD - 5K, 3K, 2K
Saturday September 15th 2012
- Glasshouse 100 in Beerburrum, QLD - 100mile, 100K, 50K, 30K, 12K
- Greater Springfield Run For Life in Springfield, QLD - 5K, 1K
- Memory Walk and Jog in Illawarra, NSW - 7.5K, 2K
- Simpson Desert Ultramarathon - 650K over 15 days
Sunday September 16th 2012
- Avondale School Fun Run in Cooranbong, NSW - 10K, 3K, 1K
- Bairnsdale Running Festival in Bairnsdale, VIC - Half Marathon, 10.8K, 6K
- Brooks Spring into Shape Series in Melbourne, VIC - 14.8K, 8K, 4K
- Cairns Road Runners Team Challenge in Cairns, QLD - 5K Teams Challenge
- City Bay Fun Run in Adelaide, SA - 12K, 6K, 3K
- CQPhysio Group Spring Classic in Rockhampton, QLD - Half Marathon, 10K, 5K, Kids 2K
- I Love Frankston Fun Run in Frankston, VIC - 5K, 2.5K
- Salt Fun Run Series in Salt Village, NSW - 10K, 5K, Junior Dart
- Straddie Salute Multisport Festival on North Stradbroke Island, QLD - 8K
- Sydney Running Festival in Sydney, NSW - Marathon, Half Marathon, 9K, 3.5K
- VCCL Presidents and Ted Paulin Over 40s Sealed Handicap in Melbourne, VIC - 6.5K
Until Next Week...
Have a great running week!