Weekly Newsletter September 26th 2012
This is a copy of the weekly newsletter from the Australian Running Calendar sent by email on September 26th 2012 covering the current status of the website and events coming up over the next two weeks.
News and interesting articles
Ultra168 had a preview of the Centennial Park Ultra and talked about a few other things not so specific to the event, such as "Is it really that fun to run around in circles?" and other people's attitudes to ultra runners.
Although the event itself has now been and gone for the year (it was last weekend) the article is an interesting read for the rest of the information in it. Read more.
There weren't any new event listings added to the site last week for a variety of reasons, but we continued to make updates to existing listing for new event dates etc updating about 16 events.
This week has been another slow week while we finish off some major changes to the layout of the event listing pages which will make faster for me to add listings. It's one of those jobs that takes a lot of time to set up but then saves a lot of time in the long term.
The changes should be online later this week, and I'll do an update again in next week's email.
Events coming up over the next two weeks
Note there are also the Parkrun weekly 5K runs on Saturday mornings; these have not yet been loaded into the website until I can make some technical changes behind the scenes. In the meantime you can find out more information from the parkrun website.
Sunday September 30th 2012
- Coburg Harriers Fun Run in Melbourne, VIC - 12K, 6K
- Memory Walk and Jog at Tweed Heads, NSW - 7.5K, 2K
- Mt Portal in Sydney, NSW - 16.5K
- Stampede in the Valley in the Swan Valley, WA - 4K, Kids Event
Monday October 1st 2012
- Sri Chinmoy Labour Day in Canberra - 10K, 4K
Tuesday October 2nd 2012
- Mt Ainslie Run Up in Canberra, ACT - 2.2K
Wednesday October 3rd 2012
- Cairns Road Runners Time Trial in Cairns, QLD - 10K, 8K, 5K, 3K
- Sydney Corporate Cup in Sydney, NSW - 6K Team Event
- Sydney Summer Series in Sydney, NSW - 45 minute orienteering/rogaine
Thursday October 4th 2012
- Corporate Cup Series in Melbourne, VIC - 3.8K
Saturday October 6th 2012
- Blackwater Community Fun Run in Blackwater, QLD - 12K, 6K, 3K
- Fitzroy Falls Fire Trail Marathon, 10K, 5K in Fitzroy Falls, NSW
- Fun Run Pink in Sydney, NSW - 5K, 2.5K, Kids 1K
- Race for Freedom in Melbourne, VIC - 5K
- Sydney Striders 10K Series in Sydney, NSW
- Victorian Road Runners Tan Time Trial in Melbourne, VIC - 8K, 4K
Sunday October 7th 2012
- Bribie Beach Bash on Bribie Island, QLD - 50K, Marathon, Half Marathon, 15K, 10K, 6K, 3K
- Leura Twilight Ramble in Katoomba, NSW - 5K, 3K, Kids Dash
- Run For The Firies in Melbourne, VIC - 10.7K, 4K
- Run For The Hills in Sydney, NSW - 8K
- Run for Your Heart in Launceston, TAS - 5K, Kids 800m
- Run the Maine in Castlemaine, VIC - 10K, 5K, 2K
- Saddleback Smash in Kiama, NSW - 6K
- Women's and Girls' Jogalong in Canberra, ACT - 6K, 3K, 1.6K
Until Next Week...
Have a great running week!