Weekly Newsletter December 24th 2012
This is a copy of the weekly newsletter from the Australian Running Calendar sent by email on December 24th 2012 covering website information and events coming up over the next two weeks.
I'm still working away at getting through various running clubs/groups calendars for 2013 to get them all loaded up. It's a big job and I loaded up over 70 of them last week and am continuing to plug away at it.
So what's in store for 2013? I'll finally get around to updating the website search function with proper multi-region searching, plus you'll also be able to search for team events, team relays, rogaines, women only events, obstacle courses, mud runs and so on.
I'll also develop a mobile app for smartphones so it's easier to check up on events from your iPhone, Android phone or Windows phone. It's likely that this will be ad-free, simply because it's too hard to put advertising on such small screens, and be supported by a small annual subscription fee (around the $10 mark).
Website listing updates, new events etc
Check out the the website homepage for a list of recently updated pages and events. There's a brief sentence describing what has been updated, which is usually a new event listing being created, dates for the next year's event added, distance corrections, or links added to the online entry page or PDF entry form.
Events coming up this week
Tuesday December 25th 2012 - Christmas Day
- Fanatics Christmas Day Half Marathon, 13K and 8K in Adelaide, SA
Wednesday December 26th 2012 - Boxing Day
- 2 Jetties Fun Run in Adelaide, SA - 8.4K
- Sydney Summer Series in Sydney, NSW - 45 minute orienteering/rogaine
- WAMC Parlouf Relay in Perth, WA - 30 minute 2 person relay
Sunday December 30th 2012
- Tammin 2 Cunderdin Adventure Run in WA - 25K, 10K, 5K, 1K
Events coming up next week
Monday December 31st 2012 - New Year's Eve
- Dawnbusters Fun Run in Geelong, VIC - 5K
- Victorian Road Runners New Years Eve Fun Run in Melbourne, VIC - 8K, 4K
- WAMC New Years Eve Run in Perth, WA - 8K, 4K
Sunday January 6th 2013
- Bogong to Hotham Rooftop Run in VIC - 64K
- Summit to Sea in Adelaide, SA - 34K, 18.5K, 14K
- Surf T Surf in Warnambool, VIC - 10K, 6K, 3K
- Women's and Girls' Jogalong in Canberra, ACT - 6K, 3K, 1.6K
Until Next Week...
Have a great Christmas and fit some runs in when you can :) The final weekly newsletter for this year will be next week on December 31st.