Weekly Newsletter February 12th 2013
This is a copy of the weekly newsletter from the Australian Running Calendar sent by email on February 12th 2013 covering interesting articles, advertising information, recently updated event pages, and events coming up over the next two weeks.
With just under 1000 registrations across the first three STS races, Race Director Sean Greenhill agrees "the Sydney Trail Series is off to a promising start". Race 3 saw the course record crumble in both the mens and womens races and also saw a record crowd gather by the waterside. Read more.
Matt Angus wrote about his experience at the Caboolture Historical Village Dusk to Dawn 12 hour race. "Boarding pass, check; shoes, check; trained to run in sub tropical 90% humidity for 12hrs, ummmmm don't have that one packed." Read more. And then, for the same event, read the race director's report.
Adharanand Finn at The Guardian talks about why we love to run to launch their new running blog. Read more.
The Australian Running Calendar website currently attracts over 40,000 visitors per month generating 115,000 pageviews. We have 300x250 advertising space available on the right side of the site for $250 per month, generating up to 1% click through rates.
As usual, plenty of updates. Some to bring your attention to include the Sun Valley Trail Run by Running Wild NSW which had to be cancelled (it was being run on 24 Feb); an additional date for The Stampede in Sydney on 17 Nov; a new obstacle course in Western Australia called The Rampage on 27 Apr; Wilsons Prom 100 date change from 27 Apr to 18 May; and 2 new parkrun events in Lake Macquarie and Tuggeranong.
For these and many more, check the website homepage; the most recently updated pages show with updates including adding new event dates, online entry, event corrections, etc.
Events this weekend
Saturday February 16th 2013
- Bay Adventure Festival Summer Run in Shoal Bay, NSW - 12K, 6K
- Farm to Pub in Willaura, VIC - 16.4K, 8.2K, 5K
- Go the Tan in Melbourne, VIC - 3.87K
- Husky Fun Runs in Huskisson, NSW - 10K, 5K, 2K
- JORG Time Trial in Sydney - 4K, Kids 2K
- parkrun throughout Australia - 5K
- Stromlo Running Festival in Stromlo, ACT - 100K, 50K, 12 hour, 6 hour, 7.5K, 30 min Corporate Challenge
- The Rocks Series in Cairns, QLD - 5K, 3K
Sunday February 17th 2013
- Maroondah Dam Trail Runs in the Yarra Ranges, VIC - 50K, 30K, 6K
- SMC Road Race Series in Sydney, NSW - 30K, Half Marathon, 10K, 5K
- Sports Super Centre Series in Runaway Bay, QLD - 5K, Kids 1.5K, 1K, 500 metes
- Stromlo Running Festival in Stromlo, ACT - 30K, 10K
- The Color Run in Perth, WA - 5K
- Traralgon Harriers and Latrobe City Community Fun Run in Morwell, VIC - 5K, Kids 1.5K
- Upper Beaconsfield Tower Challenge in Upper Beaconsfield, VIC - 6K
- WAMC John Forrest Cross Country in Darlington, WA - 12.6K, 6K
- Yarra Bend Fun Run in Melbourne, VIC - 12K, 6K
Events next weekend
Saturday February 23rd 2013
- Bash around Barrabadeen Bush Rogaine near Tinaroo, QLD - 1 hour
- Dirty 30 Sweaty 60 Adventure Run near Tinaroo, QLD - 60 min, 30 min
- Hobsons Bay Running Club 5K Handicap in Melbourne, VIC
- Kings of the Sand in Sydney, NSW - 7K
- Narrowneck Night Run in Katoomba, NSW - 20K, 14K
- Orange Colour City Running Festival in Orange, NSW - 2K Junior Dash
- parkrun throughout Australia - 5K
- Tear around Tinaroo 1hr Metrogaine in Tinaroo, QLD
- Try Orienteering at Barrabadeen, QLD - 55 mins, 25 mins
- Vic Orienteering Event at Mt Baw Baw, VIC
Sunday February 24th 2013
- Berwick Show Charity Fun Run/Walk in Berwick, VIC - 2 hours, 5K
- Nile 10 Mile in Evandale, TAS - 10 Mile, 5K, 1K
- Orange Colour City Running Festival in Orange, NSW - Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K, 5K
- Perth Trail Series: Qi Gong in Wungong Regional Park - 14.1K, 8.6K
- River Run in Geelong, VIC - 10K, 5K
- Splash n Dash Festival in Wollongong, NSW - 5K, 2.5K
- Sri Chinmoy Melbourne at Yarra Boulevard, VIC - 15K, 10K, 5K
- Sri Chinmoy Sydney at Centennial Park, NSW - 14K, 7K, 4K
- WAMC Christ Church Run in Perth, WA - 12K, 5K
- Wangaratta Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K, 5K, Kids 2K in Wangaratta, VIC
- Warburton Up and Running in Warburton, VIC - 10K, 5K, Kids 2K
- Wyndham Rotary River Fun Run in Werribee, VIC - 10K/5K Run, 8K/4K Walk
Weekday events this week
- Sydney Summer Series in Sydney, NSW - 45 minute orienteering/rogaine
- Victorian Road Runners Twilite Tan Time Trial in Melbourne, VIC - 8K, 4K
Have a great running week!
Best Running Regards,