Weekly Newsletter January 15th 2014
This week's newsletter on January 15th 2014 has interesting running articles, late event additions and important event updates and corrections.
Welcome to the second newsletter for 2014. I'm still working my way through the backlog of events to update and have added and updated 110 event listings in the past week; I should have the backlog completed by the end of this week.
Continue to check the website homepage regularly for updates as there will continue to be a lot over the next few days.
The scariest trail in the world; you'll never guess where it leads to
This isn't a running related article / series of photos, but it's pretty amazing. I don't think you'd get me walking along that path! Check it out here.
Why I need to run marathons
As he gears up for his fourth Edinburgh marathon, one runner explains why his running is more than just a hobby - it's what keeps him sane. Read more.
Brendan Davies on the Narrabeen Allnighter 12h
The Narrabeen Allnighter started Bredan Davies' ultra career when it still had a 100km event. This year he went back intending to just run 100km during the 12 hour event in order to qualify to represent Australia but ended up running for the full 12 hours anyway. Read his story here.
To find out what's been recently updated, check the website homepage regularly. I include in this newsletter a list of the more important updates such as date changes, cancellations or late additions to the calendar. Late additions are events which will take place in the next two to three weeks.
Corrections and updates
- The Kosciuszko Run and Half Marathon is on 09 Feb and not 08 Feb as originally listed; there is also the Strzelecki Fun Run on 08 Feb which has been added to the listing
- The Aussie Ram Run scheduled for 29 Mar has been cancelled
- The Perth Trail Series Stay Puft Run has changed from 12 Jan to 19 Jan (this Sunday)
- Run Adelaide scheduled for 13 Apr has been cancelled
- Trailfest in Sydney has changed from 25-27 Apr to 07-09 Jun
- The Morialta event in the Yumigo Summer Trail Series changed from 12 Jan to 23 Feb
- Run From the Hills in Avoca, Victoria has changed from 22 Nov to 15 Nov
- The Mt Mee Classic on 04 May is now a 66km team event, 42.7km and 13.75km
Have a great running week!