Weekly Newsletter January 22nd 2014
This week's newsletter on January 22nd 2014 has interesting running articles, late event additions and important event updates and corrections.
Welcome to the third newsletter for 2014. It's been another busy week of updates on the website: I've manually checked 125 event listings and made 51 updates/additions in the last 7 days! I still need to finish working my way through some club programmes for 2014 (including WAMC & SARRC) and then my backlog of updates will finally be cleared.
As always, I continue to make updates and additions throughout the week, so be sure to regularly check the website homepage for updates.
"Never wipe your ass with a squirrel" book review
I came across a book review on a website for this particular book in the past week and it wasn't a very good review, but I remembered I'd seen it reviewed by Super Generic Girl a while back but never linked to it, and her review is much more entertaining. Read it here.
Stinky Running Gear, Solved!
Your running gear requires special upkeep to remain functional – and fresh-smelling, too. For instance, you'll get better results spiffing up your stinky clothes by washing them in a small load that lets sudsy water swish around them. Read more tips here.
Running Through the Ages
Whether you're a beginner or a master, your body's strengths, weaknesses, and nutritional needs change as the decades come and go. Here's a guide for running your best at every stage of life.
The Buffalo Stampede
The Buffalo Stampede is the latest ultra to hit the running calendar. It's an epic event that will quickly become known as one of the toughest races in Australia. It's the first sanctioned SkyRun in the country and will be held on April 5th/6th in the Victoria High Country. Find out more at The Long Run.
To find out what's been recently updated, check the website homepage regularly. I include in this newsletter a list of the more important updates such as date changes, cancellations or late additions to the calendar. Late additions are events which will take place in the next two to three weeks and have only just been added to the website.
- Jetts Coolum Classic Australia Day Fun Run this Sunday in Queensland
- The Aus Day Fun Run at Mornington Peninsula, Victoria this Sunday
- Vets Friendship Run on February 2nd in Perth
- Run With the Rhythm on February 2nd in Fairfield, Melbourne
Corrections and updates
- The Rhino Park Blackout scheduled for February 1st in Hopeland, WA has had to be postponed until later in 2014
- The Sturt Gorge Trail Run on March 23rd in Adelaide is 12km (was listed as 9.3km)
- The XTERRA 5K/10K Trail Runs were incorrectly listed as being on 15 Apr 2014; this has been corrected to 25 Apr 2014
- The Active Melbourne City Sports Corporate Cup will not have an autumn 2014 season
- The Canberra Centenary Trail Run is now the Canberra 101 Trail Run, 101km long and the event date is 28 Sep 2014 (had been listed as 27 Sep 2014)
- Removed the 22 Mar 2014 date for the Woodford Dam event; the Kedumba Half Marathon was re-scheduled to this date by the event organisers
Have a great running week!