Weekly Newsletter August 5th 2014
This week's newsletter has interesting articles and several date changes, cancellations and postponements.
Action Medical Research for Children in the UK posted up an interesting infographic about running. Check it out here. When you click through to the page, you need to click the graphic to see the full thing, and then the little expand button to make it readable.
Dr. Keith presents at the Healthy Intelligent Training Seminar - Melbourne 21-22 August
Steve Moneghetti joins Dr. Keith Livingstone in Melbourne as they explore the importance of “Healthy Intelligent Training” for middle to long distance running and endurance sports. Read the full article here.
5 ways to speed recovery after racing
You trained for months, raced for hours, and now you've finally crossed the finish line. After the initial celebration of completing your latest race, all you want to do is eat a big meal, lie down and bask in your glory. Don't make the mistake of skipping steps such as proper hydration and sleep that will help you recover from your race. Check out these 5 ways to aid recovery at active.com
Australian Running Convention
The Australian Running Convention is on Saturday September 6th in Melbourne. Expert speakers share up to date and relevant topics in a fun and engaging talk-show style format, including: how to plan your annual running calendar; the sensible approach to food; run yourself well; and the powerful mind of a runner. Find out more here.
Inside Ultrarunning: Q&A With Team Salomon's Adam Chase
For those of us who are relatively new to ultramarathons it is encouraging to hear from those who have long been in the sport and have catapulted what many considered to be extreme running for a select few to the worldwide stage. Read the Q&A here at EnduranceZone.
To find out what's been recently updated, check the website homepage regularly. I include in this newsletter a list of the more important updates such as date changes, cancellations or late additions to the calendar. Late additions are events which will take place in the next two to three weeks and have only just been added to the website.
- Great Strides in Sydney has changed from August 3rd to October 26th
- Dinner Plain Mile High Trail Run is now part of the Dinner Plain Mountain Running Festival and has shifted back to November 23rd, with the new Great Alpine Road Half Marathon taking place the previous day (November 22nd) as part of the festival.
- Wimmera Grampians Heart Challenge in Stawell, Victoria on August 10th has been cancelled due to lack of numbers
- Darby River Half Marathon scheduled for February 22nd is no longer on the Running Wild Victoria calendar, so have removed this from the website
- Koah Road Race which was scheduled for last Sunday has been postponed; a new date will be notified later this year
- Greater Springfield Run for Life is going ahead in "Spring 2014" but there is no longer a date listed on the event website (was originally September 13th, then October 19th) so have removed the October 19th date from the calendar
Have a great running week!