Weekly Newsletter November 12th 2015
This week's newsletter has interesting articles and a number of date changes & corrections, late additions and other updates to the run calendar.
Beat the first mile fatigue
Every runner is sore when they wake up and start a run. And yes, that's OK. Still, there are a few simple strategies you can use to make each run more enjoyable from start to finish. Find out what they are in this article at Trail Runner Mag.
Run Down Under launches virtual running craze for 2016
A virtual running craze is sweeping the online world and it's providing a new and unique fitness challenge for individuals and groups around Australia and the world. It's called Run Down Under - an online and virtual fun run around Australia. Find out more.
Weight and the accompanying head games
Three women write about weight and distance running in this article at iRunFar. There are many comments following the article, which are worth reading through too, and adding your own thoughts if you see fit.
Candice Burt writes about 200 milers
Wow, who knew 200 milers were now a thing? Candice Burt posted a couple of articles this week: "What company do you work for" about creating a couple of 200 mile races (the Bigfoot 200 and the Tahoe 200) and "Why 200 mile athletes do not quit". Amazingly, the number of starters who finish is a high proportion - 77% for Bigfoot and 85% for Tahoe.
How to start or restart running
Will Lind posts some advice for starting or getting back into running in this article at Functional Running. Tips include: don't wait, don't hesitate; slow down; don't forget to get faster; don't believe everything you read or hear; get the right shoes; and sign up for an event. And hey, I know a good website where you can find out an event to run... :)
To find out what's been recently updated, check the website homepage regularly. I include in this newsletter a list of the more important updates such as date changes, cancellations or late additions to the calendar. Late additions are events which will take place in the next two to three weeks and have only just been added to the website.
- Adelaide Marathon Festival: changed next event date from August 21st TBC to August 14th as per update on SARRC & event websites
- Dye Hard Fun Run in Wodonga: event has been rescheduled from December 6th to March 13th
- Cleland Trails near Adelaide: corrected the date from April 17th to 24th (not sure if this was an error on my part, or a date change)
- Dalyellup Beach Lakes to Breaks Twilight Fun Run on November 14th (Saturday)
- Traralgon Harriers King & Queen of the Mountain on November 22nd
- Get Tanned in Melbourne on November 28th
- Red Bull Dune Dusters at Stockton Beach, NSW on November 29th
Have a great running week!