This week's newsletter has interesting articles, several date changes & cancellations, and some good news about the Tassie Trail Fest.
Assault survivor Kelly Herron talks about her attack 5 months later
On a Sunday afternoon during a marathon training run, Kelly Herron went to use the restroom in a public park in Seattle and was assulted by a man who was hiding in one of the stalls. She fought back and now encourage other women and runners to empower themselves with self-defense. Find out more in this article at Women's Running.
21 trail running tips
Although trail running is similar to running on the roads, there are some differences to make note of before you hit the trailhead. Runner's World has a quick list of tips here that will guide you to the trail and beyond.
Sydney lawyer breaks Guinness World Record for running marathon in a suit
Matthew Whitaker broke the Guinness World Record for running a marathon in a suit at the recent Sydney Running Festival in an amazing time of 2:44:29, and placing 27th overall! Imagine how fast he could have run in regular running gear!! Find out more in this article at the Sydney Morning Herald.
To find out what's been recently updated, check the recent updates page regularly. I include in this newsletter a list of the more important updates (see below) such as date changes, cancellations, or late additions to the calendar. And check out the full calendar of upcoming events.
- Paddy Pallin Adventure Series: Blue Mountains has changed from 22 to 29 September
- Mt Martha Sufferfest Festival has changed from 9 to 10 December to 3 to 4 March
- Warrnambool Sufferfest Triathlon Festival & Colour Carnivale has changed from 20 to 21 January to 14 to 15 April
- Dynamic in a Dress Running Festival & Glow in the Dark Fun Run have changed from the weekend of 14/15 April to 7/8 April
- Due to the above SufferFest date changes, the Nagambie Sufferfest Festival & Colour Carnivale scheduled for 4 March has been postponed for the 2017/18 season
- The Tassie Trail Fest is going ahead in Derby, with a new date of 24 to 25 February
That's all for this week, so have a great running week!