This week's newsletter has interesting articles, date changes for XTERRA East Gippsland & Colour Ya World in Bairnsdale, cancellation of Jog For Jugs South East QLD, event relocations for Sydney Trail Series events which were to be at Kamay Botany Bay National Park, and River Run Geelong changing back to a single race.
"Why Does UTMB Take So Long, Daddy?"
Damian Hall writes humorously about his kids and his running in this article at iRunFar. There's some good reading in the comments under the article as well.
Blisters, bonking and blackened toenails
From engineered nutrition supplements to fancy GPS watches, advances in science and technology have changed the way we run. But technology doesn’t solve everything. Despite high-tech shoes and socks, we still get blisters. No matter how many fancy electrolyte powders we consume, we still bonk and get cramps. Check out this article at Trail Runner Magazine for advice about how to deal with some of these runners issues.
Things I discovered after forcing myself to run every morning
Brian Dalek found himself struggling to get enough runs in during the day on weekdays, so forced himself to start running early every morning. Read his article here at Runners World, and get some tips to help with early morning runs.
What can an exercise challenge teach us about resilience?
MiNDFOOD fitness writer Anne-Marie Cook explains why putting your body through a challenge ultimately yields up mental benefits in this article.
To find out what's been recently updated, check the recent updates page regularly. I include in this newsletter a list of the more important updates (see below) such as date changes, cancellations, or late additions to the calendar. And check out the full calendar of upcoming events.
- XTERRA East Gippsland has changed from 14 October to 10 February
- Colour Ya World in Bairnsdale has changed from 12 March to 11 February
- Jog For Jugs South East QLD has been cancelled, but the other Jog For Jugs events are still going ahead (29 October)
- The Sydney Trail Series events on 22 October & 11 November have been relocated to St Ives Showgrounds due to substantial bushfire damage to Kamay Botany Bay National Park
- River Run Geelong was going to be a 3 race series in 2017/18, but has been changed back to a single race on 25 February
That's all for this week, so have a great running week!