This week's newsletter has information about the Great Vic Bike Ride, my interview with Run 2 PB, interesting articles, and several date changes/corrections, cancellation and late additions to the running calendar.
Imagine exploring the best of our Victorian High Country by bike. Adventuring through the mountains of Bright, soaking up the history of Beechworth and riding along the mighty Murray River fully supported.
Each day, pedal your way to a new town, set up your tent and enjoy the campsite atmosphere with 2 on-site bars and live entertainment, before a night out under the stars.
Ride, party, camp repeat, it's how we do it on the Great Vic Bike Ride - come join us!
Interview with Run 2 PB
I was interviewed by online running coach Zac Newman to learn more about the Running Calendar, how it works, and what makes me tick.
Pomona King of the Mountain - slips, trips and awesomeness
Check out these video highlights of the recent Pomona King of the Mountain - next year's event is on 28 July.
Trail runner and olympian Deena Kastor on what she’s learned in her long career
Deena Kastor held records in every distance from the 5K to the marathon at one stage and is a three-time Olympian. She has recently released a memoir and Trail Runner magazine caught up with her here.
25 things said that might mean you're going to have an epic...
This humorous post at Semi-Rad contains a list of 25 things that might mean you're going to have an epic day out, including "Seems to be a bit further than I thought".
To find out what's been recently updated, check the recent updates page regularly. I include in this newsletter a list of the more important updates (see below) such as date changes, cancellations, or late additions to the calendar. And check out the full calendar of upcoming events.
- Rocky Gully X-Duo Run n Roll scheduled for 12 August has been cancelled due to low entry numbers
- Developing Foundation Riverwalk scheduled for 16 September has been cancelled
- The Kangaroo Island Sufferfest has relocated to Semaphore the weekend before (18 November) to be part of the Australian Beach Games
- Victor Harbour Half Marathon is on 11 November, not 30 September as originally listed
- Urban Adventure Night Series in Townsville, which started last week and runs for three more weeks including this week
- Camden Haven King of the Mountain on 19 August
Have a great running week!