This week's newsletter has interesting articles, a number of postponements & date changes/corrections, and a location change for The Sydney Trail Series.
Run for Resilience: Reflecting on the ANZAC Journey Home
Local ultra runner Wayne McMurtrie raises awareness of veterans’ PTSD plight with new ultra event. Find out more here.
The nutrition secret of the pros
What’s the nutrition secret of professional runners? ask coach David Roche. Find out in this article at Trail Runner Magazine.
Running squads that help the homeless find their feet
On My Feet gets homeless people in Perth, Melbourne and South Africa, helping to give them self-esteem and motivation. "I am no longer telling myself that I am a useless, homeless, junkie bum. I am part of the running community" says Kyle Holtzman. Find out more in this article at SBS.
City2Surf Fun Run in photos
The Guardian has some amazing photos of competitors (and costumes!) at Sunday's City2Surf Fun Run, the largest fun run in Australia with 80,000 people taking part! Check them out here and our list of the 10 Biggest Fun Runs in Australia.
To find out what's been recently updated, check the recent updates page regularly. I include in this newsletter a list of the more important updates (see below) such as date changes, cancellations, or late additions to the calendar. And check out the full calendar of upcoming events.
- The Woodford to Glenbrook Classic was originally scheduled for 24 June but was postponed; the new date is 9 September
- Operation Blackhawk Battlefield Challenge & KiddyHawk in Cairns has been postponed from 18/19 August to 22/23 September
- The Feral Pig Ultra has moved a week earlier, and will now be on 3/4 November
- Beerwah at Night: corrected event date from 26 January to 2 February
- Canberra Triathlon Festival has moved from 2 to 9 February
- Port Stephens Triathlon Festival has moved from 11 to 18 May
- The Sydney Trail Series in September, October & November has moved from Kamai Botany Bay to St Ives
Have a great running week!