This week's newsletter has information about Running Heroes, interesting articles, discounts for premium members, and a number of event updates on the running calendar.
Join Running Heroes - get paid to run
Running Heroes is a completely free website and app that rewards runners of all levels with guaranteed discounts and prizes from the biggest brands in the world! It doesn’t matter whether you run a little or a lot, you’ll get offers and win gear from the likes of Nike, adidas, THE ICONIC, Brooks, and New Balance. Join 1M+ members on Running Heroes; the app Runner’s World called a ‘no-brainer for anyone who’s ever run!'
Get inspired and stay motivated to run
Runners World has some tips to help you get and stay fit and how to make them routine. A great tip for early morning running, mentioned in the article, is to make a plan to meet someone because you then can't let them down (or yourself! I did this myself this morning). Read the article here.
It's okay to be good and not great
This article at Outside Online starts by asking "what if striving to be great is what's holding you back?" and looks at how not always trying hard to be great is the path to being happier; and that it’s also the path to getting better.
Should you include pool running in your training plans?
Hal Higdon looks at some of the benefits of pool training in this article at Training Peaks and how it can help recover from injury, avoid injury and maintain fitness.
Stair climbing workouts
Stair climbing allows you to mix in all manner of training techniques and can lead to incredible results. Check out this article at Health and Style for some stair climbing tips and exercises.
Premium members get access to discounts for a range of events in Australia & New Zealand. Enter enough discounted events and your membership pays for itself, as well as opening up a range of useful functions on the website! The most recently added discount codes are for the Dinner Plain Mile High Trail Run and Fisher's Ghost Fun Run. Check out the full list of discounts.
Find our more about membership here and sign up today!
To find out what's been recently updated, check the recent updates page regularly. I include in this newsletter a list of the more important updates (see below) such as date changes, cancellations, or late additions to the calendar. And check out the full calendar of upcoming events.
- 99 Bikes Dingo was postponed from 20/21 October (last weekend) to 10/11 November due to high rainfall and needing enough time for the trails to recover
- Neon Run in Melbourne scheduled fro 10 November has been postoned to May 2019 to a date to be confirmed
- Pine Rivers Charity Fun Run has changed from 2 June to 26 May
- Channel 12 Night Trail Run has been postponed from 3 November to 10 March
- Hills Tri Series 2018/19: Race 4 - updated/corrected date from 12 to 13 January
- Obstacool shared venues with the now defunct Miss Muddy and had to be cancelled when the company managing Miss Muddy went into liquidation; Obstacool Brisbane is back on again on 9/10 March at the Eagles Sports Complex in Mansfield
Have a great running week!