Happy New Year and welcome to the first newsletter for 2019! I hope you had a chance to take a break and are ready to think about what running events you're going to do this year - check them out on our comprehensive events calendar.
As always, there are a huge number of new visitors to the website at the start of the year, so if this is the first newsletter you've received then welcome aboard and thanks for subscribing.
Don't forget that on the website you can follow an event page to be notified of updates to it (next year's date, registration opened, event postponed, etc) and also sign up for premium membership to unlock additional functions on the website and get access to select event discounts. Find out more about the levels of membership here.
10 training tips from four-time winner Pat Carroll
Australian marathon representative Pat Carroll has 10 training tips which will help you kick off your New Year. Check them out here at the Gold Coast Marathon's blog.
How to treat and prevent a snakebite while trail running
Getting bitten by a snake is very unlikely but it is vital to know exactly what to do if a snake does bite you while out running, as covered here by Trail Survivor.
Conquering the Six Foot Track Marathon
Former orienteering world champion Hanny Allston talks to NZ coach James Kueglar about her experiences with the Six Foot Track Marathon; read the interview here on her blog website.
52 marathons in 52 weeks wearing costumes
Aussie bloke Alistair Kealty is tackling 52 marathons in 52 weeks in 52 countries in 2019. As if this wasn't hard enough, he's getting dressed up in a different cosume for each one, attempting to set Guinness World Record each time. Find out more in this article at Triple M.
Premium members get access to discounts for a range of events in Australia & New Zealand. Enter enough discounted events and your membership pays for itself, as well as opening up a range of useful functions on the website!
Find out more about membership here and sign up today!
To find out what's been recently updated, check the recent updates page regularly. I include in this newsletter a list of the more important updates (see below) such as date changes, cancellations, or late additions to the calendar. And check out the full calendar of upcoming events.
- Greater Springfield Run For Life which had been postponed to 13 January was postponed again to 10 February
- AAA Racing Hill Climb Challenge Race 1 was postponed from 15 December to 23 March due to closure of HQ Plantations over race weekend.
- The Day of the Tall Ships Australia Day Run/Walk on 26 January has been replaced with the Tamborine Mountain Relays & Marathon on 27 January
- Sunshine Beach Run in Perth has changed from 17 February to 3 March
- Wyndham Rotary Fun Run changed from 3 to 17 March
- Obstacool in Brisbane has changed from 9/10 March to 27/28 April 2019 due to a clash with another event
- Memory Walk and Jog in Brisbane has changed from 2 June to 26 May
- Bouddi Coastal Run has changed from 2 to 16 November
- Three Bridges Run has changed from 10 to 3 November
Have a great running week!