This week's newsletter has discount codes for Spartan Race, interesting articles, and a number of date changes and cancellations for events on the running calendar.
Thanks to Spartan Race Australia, we have a 10% discount code for our premium members for all events that are currently open for registration (excluding the kids events).
Signing up as a premium member gets you access to event discounts like this and unlocks additional website features such as location searching and being emailed when new events are added that match your saved searches.
Check out the discounts here and find out more about membership here.
3 key elements of base training for runners
A well-rounded base training program should integrate LSD (Long Slow Distance) runs at "conversational pace," along with short sprints to develop neuromuscular speed and drills to develop good form. This article at Training Peaks covers 3 key elements for your base training.
An into to running and walking on a treadmill
Running on a treadmill isn't exactly like running outside; after all, the belt keeps you on pace even when your energy fades, so this article at Runners World has some tips to help you out if you're wanting to do some treadmill training.
How often should you run?
Endurance coach and author Matt Fitzgerald looks at how one of the most important questions to consider before you start any training is how often you should run in this article at Competitor Running.
To find out what's been recently updated, check the recent updates page regularly. I include in this newsletter a list of the more important updates (see below) such as date changes, cancellations, or late additions to the calendar. And check out the full calendar of upcoming events.
- Copeton Swim scheduled for 23 March has been cancelled
- Ragnar Trail in Mount Cotton scheduled for 27/28 April has been cancelled due to lack of entries
- Sufferfest/Rushfest at Hillarys & Champion Lakes have been cancelled due to lack of entries and Rottnest due to the island authority no longer supporting the event in its current form
- Manly Fun Run has changed from 5 May to 1 September
- Princes Park Urban Trail Run has changed from 18/19 to 11/12 May
- 7 Rocky River Run has changed from 26 May to 30 June and entries are now open
- Harold Stevens Bluestone Classic has changed from 23 to 30 June
- Coburg 10 Miler has changed from 14 to 28 July
- Cumberoona Run in Albury, NSW on 10 February (this Sunday)
Have a great running week!